The Failed to load Hardware Monitor driver, This program must run as an administrator error message usually shown when you try to install a driver from a USB/DVD. These are usually used to install drivers and monitor on your Windows PC and so they are pretty important.
Failed to load Hardware Monitor driver on Windows PC
These are some steps you can do to fix this error “Failed to load Hardware Monitor driver” on Windows PC:
- Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
- Install the Driver using Device Manager
Let us talk more about them in detail.
1] Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
Driver Signature Enforcement as a role to makes sure that you don’t end up installing a corrupted or broken driver on your laptop. However, they can mistake a working driver for a corrupted one. So, it is better to disable this feature before began installing a driver.
To disable this Driver Signature Enforcement, we have to run some commands in CMD.
So, open Command Prompt as an administrator and type the following command.
bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on
Now, install the driver, hopefully, it will be correctly installed.
If you need want to re-enable the Driver Signature Enforcement, execute the following command.
bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks off
2] Manually Install Driver using Device Manager
There is a workaround by which you can run and install the driver manually. Just find and download the driver and follow the following steps to install it correctly on your computer.
- Open Device Manager by Win + X > Device Manager.
- Expand the option of the driver you need to update, right-click on the driver, and click Update driver.
- Click “Browser my computer for drivers”, go to the location where you have download the driver, and install it.
Like that you will be able to update the driver without having to use the DVD.
Other way, you could just run the driver setup file.
How do I reinstall Display Driver?
To reinstall the Display driver, you can run the given steps.
- Run Device Manager by Win + X > Device Manager.
- Expand Display adapters, right-click on your driver, and click Uninstall device.
- To reinstall it, you can do Action > Scan for hardware changes.
This will reinstall the driver and you will be able to resolve the error you are facing.
How do I check my driver version?
To check the version of one driver, Launch Device Manager, right-click on that driver and pick Properties. Go to the Details tab, from “Property”, click Driver version, and there you can see the version of your driver.
Read next: How to open Windows Terminal as administrator in Windows 11?