List of keys to show the hidden symbols
- ? reveals the inverted question mark (¿)
- . (period key) reveals the ellipsis (…)
- / (forward slash) shows you the backslash (\)
- ‘ (single quote) can be held to quickly input smart quotes
- “ (double quotes) reveals smart double quotes, along with forward (») and rewind («) symbols
- ! (exclamation mark) allows you to see an inverted exclamation (¡)
- = (equals) shows the unequals (≠) and roughly equals (≈) signs
- & (ampersand) shows you the section sign, also known as double S (§)
- % (percentage) lets you type the parts per thousand symbol (‰)
- – (hyphen) reveals a couple of long dashes (– and —) and a bullet point symbol (•)
If you still don’t have easy-to-access symbols, you can always use iPhone’s built-in text replacement feature. Go to “Settings”> “General”> “Keyboard”> “Text Replacement”, and click the + icon in the upper right corner to add shortcuts to the rare symbols you use frequently.
For example, you can add a trademark symbol (™) next to Phrase and set it as a shortcut. This way, every time you type tm on the iPhone keyboard, the ™ symbol is automatically added.