On Windows 11, how do I only allow apps from the Store? Do you want to improve the security of Windows 11? If you are a Windows user who is concerned about privacy, Microsoft has a built-in feature for you. You can easily configure your device to only run apps from the Microsoft Store. That means Windows 11 will not allow you to install the application you downloaded from another source on your PC. Isn’t it an excellent Windows feature?
You can continue to use the previous application you downloaded and installed on your computer; however, when you try to install a new application outside of the Microsoft Store on your computer, Windows 11 will not allow you to do so. When teaching a novice or your child how to use Windows 11, you should prevent them from installing software from sources other than the Microsoft Store. They can download a file from an unknown source this way, but it will not run on your computer, making it safer.
To access the Microsoft Store, click on “Get apps from Store.” If a similar app is available, you can search for it there.
How to Block Apps Installation outside of Microsoft Store on Windows 11?
- Press the Windows + I keys on the keyboard at the same time to open the Settings app.
- From the left-hand sidebar of the Settings window, select Apps.
- Select Apps & Features from the Apps & Features pane on the right side of the screen.
- On the Apps & Features settings page, select “Choose where to get apps” from the drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, select The Microsoft Store only (Recommended).
You can now exit the Settings app.
When you try to run an installation file (such as an.EXE or.MSI file) after blocking the application running on your PC, Windows 11 will prevent it from running. “The app you’re trying to install isn’t a Microsoft-verified app,” it will say. By enabling this optional feature, you can protect your computer from malware infection.
If you change your mind and want to allow apps from all websites, go back to step 5 and select Anywhere or another option that works for you.