The mouse left button, which is used as the Mouse Primary Button on all Windows operating systems, including Windows 11, is well-known. The left mouse button can be used to select, drag, click, and perform other standard mouse operations.
Windows assigns the left mouse button as the primary button by default, which is convenient for right-handed users but inconvenient for left-handed users. Users who are left-handed prefer to switch mouse buttons so that they can work more efficiently on their computer.
When you switch mouse buttons, you can use the right mouse button to perform all normal mouse operations such as selecting, dragging, and clicking. The left button on your mouse will now function as a right button, allowing you to right-click on your computer.
How to Switch Mouse Primary Button on Windows 11 using Settings app?
- Press the Windows + I keys on the keyboard to launch the Settings app.
- From the left side pane of Windows Settings, select the Bluetooth & devices category.
- In the Bluetooth & devices right pane, click the Mouse tab.
- On the Mouse settings page, select the Right option from the Primary mouse button’s menu.
That is all there is to it. When you choose the Right option next to the Primary mouse button, the mouse’s right button becomes the primary button right away.
How to Change Mouse Primary Button on Windows 11 through Control Panel?
- Launch the Control Panel.
- Type mouse into the control panel’s Search box.
- Select the Mouse option from the search results.
- The Mouse Properties window will appear once you’re finished. Select Buttons tab.
- Make sure the option is selected. Make a switch between the primary and secondary buttons.
- Click Apply. Then press OK.
That is all there is to it. The right mouse button will now function as the primary mouse button. That includes clicking, selecting, dragging, and any other routine tasks that you can perform with the right button on your mouse.
People also ask