If you’ve had an iPhone or Mac for a period of time, it will be too good at recognizing your device’s standard Siri English voice. If you want to change it to a new language, or just want to Change Siri Voice to change things up a bit, this is easy. This article will teach you how to do it for both your Mac and your iOS device.
How to Change Siri’s Voice on Mac
To change Siri’s voice on your Mac, follow the instructions below.
1. Go to the Apple logo in the top-left corner of your Mac toolbar.
2. When the drop-down menu appears, tap on “System Preferences … ”
3. In the System Preferences window, click on the Siri icon.
4. To change the voice, select one from the list containing “Voice 1,” “Voice 2,” and so on.
It’s worth noting that Siri only has a vocal variety for a few languages.
You can also change the Siri accent. To do this:
1. Select the drop-down menu next to Voice Variety.
2. Choose the accent with which you want to hear Siri speak.
How to Change Siri’s Language on Mac
At some point, you may want to change the language Siri speaks, rather than voice. This is pretty straightforward; You can make these adjustments in the same window you worked on to change the Siri voice.
From the drop-down menu, select the language you would like to change Siri to.
How to Change Siri’s Voice on iOS
Now that you know how to change Siri voice on your Mac, you can do it on iOS too, and the steps are similar.
How to change Siri voice on your iPhone:
1. Go into “Settings,” scroll down and click on “Siri & Search.”
2. In the next window, tap on “Siri Voice.”
3. From the list of options, select the voice you want to switch to.
As with Siri on Mac, some languages have only one voice to choose from.
Related: How to Check Your SSD Health on macOS
How to Change Siri’s Language on iOS
If you want to change the Siri language on your iPhone, the steps are almost the same as for adjusting the voice. In the Siri & Search window, choose Language instead of Siri Voice.
When you see the list of languages in the next window, select the language you want to change the Siri language to. Your changes should take effect immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can You Download More Voices for Siri?
You can download additional voices for Siri, but you will need a third-party app to do so.
2. Can I Change Siri’s Voice on iPad and Apple Watch?
Yes, changing Siri voice on your iPad or Apple Watch is very easy. For both, the process is similar to that of the iPhone.
3. Can I Change Siri’s Name?
While you can adapt the voice of Syria, and the language that this personal assistant speaks can not change the name of something else.
Related: How to Install and Use wget on Mac
Wrapping Things Up
Siri is a useful feature that makes it much easier to use a host of iPhone and Mac features. And if you don’t want to hear the default voice, you can always change Siri’s voice and language using the above methods.