Is your computer displaying the incorrect date and time? This article will assist you if you chose the incorrect time zone during the installation of Windows 11 or if you want to change the time zone for any other reason. Although Windows 11 automatically detects your time zone, if you don’t have an active internet connection, the process may fail. One of the causes of the incorrect date and time on your computer is an incorrect time zone.
In Windows 11, there are several ways to change the Time Zone. We’ll go through them one by one.
Change Time Zone in Windows 11 using the Settings app
Follow these steps to change the time zone in Windows 11 using settings:
- To open the Settings app, press the Windows + I keys on the keyboard at the same time.
- From the left sidebar of Windows Settings, select the Time & Language category.
- On the Time and language page, click the Date & time tab in the right-hand pane.
- You must disable the automatic time zone selection because you will change the Time Zone manually. To do so, go to the “Set time zone automatically” option and toggle the toggle switch to Off.
- From the Time zone drop-down list, choose a time zone. Close the Settings app once you’ve selected your preferred time zone. Windows will make the changes without requiring any additional confirmations.
Related: How to Schedule Windows PC to Shut Down Automatically
- Right-click on the clock in the bottom-right corner of the screen and select Adjust date and time from the menu that appears.
- Now, disable the “Set time zone automatically” option by turning off the toggle switch.
- From the Time zone drop-down list, choose a time zone. Close the Settings app once you’ve chosen your preferred time zone. Windows will make the changes without requiring you to restart your computer.
Adjust Time Zone in Windows 11 through Control Panel
- Open Control Panel.
- When the Control Panel appears, go to the Clock and Region section.
- Then, under Date and Time, select Change the time zone from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Change time zone button in the pop-up window.
- Select the appropriate time zone from the Time zone drop-down list in the next pop-up window.
- Click the OK button. Then Apply