What Is a Hidden Wi-Fi Network?
A hidden WiFi network is a wireless network that is configured to hide its network SSID (WiFi name). Therefore, these types of networks will not appear in the WiFi section of devices such as Android, Windows and iOS.
To join a hidden WiFi network, you need more than just a password. You must know the network name, WiFi security type, encryption type, and password. Also, you should ask your network administrator for these details.
How to Connect to a Hidden Network on Windows 10
Follow these steps to connect to a hidden wireless network in Windows 10:
- Click the Wi-Fi icon in the lower-right corner of the taskbar.
- Select Network & Internet Settings.
- Next, click Dial-up on the left-side navigation panel, then select Set up a new connection.
- From the pop-up, select Manually connect to a wireless network and click Next.
- Enter the network name, security type, and security key.
- Select the checkbox under Connect even if the network is not broadcasting and Start this connection automatically.
- Tap Next, and your device will automatically connect to the network.
If you have trouble connecting to the network, you can temporarily display the SSID of the network, connect and hide it again.
Connect Your PC to Hidden Wi-Fi Networks
The hidden WiFi network adds unnecessary overhead to the connection process. No matter what device you use, connecting to a hidden network can be tricky because you don’t follow the usual procedures. This article will help you connect your Windows 10 device to any hidden network.