Because Windows can crash at any time, it’s a good idea to create a system image backup right after installation. It’s past time to create a system image backup if you haven’t already done so. This system image will include a full backup of your computer’s hard drive, including system files. If your Windows crashes and you have a system image backup, you can restore your entire PC to a point in time when the image was created. After installing a new Windows, a one-time system image generation is usually sufficient.
Windows 11 includes a feature that allows you to create a system image backup. We’ll see how to do it in this article.
How to Create Full System Backup in Windows 11?
- To open the Settings app, press the Windows + I shortcut keys.
- In the Windows Settings window that appears, select System.
- Select Storage from the System right-hand pane.
- Under the Storage management section of the Storage settings, select Advanced storage settings to expand it.
- Under “Advanced storage settings,” select Backup options from the drop-down menu.
- In the next window, select “Backup and Restore (Windows 7)” from the drop-down menu. You can also go to the Control Panel and open the “Backup and Restore (Windows 7)” window. To do so, go to Control Panel and look for Backup.
- Select Backup and Restore from the drop-down menu (Windows 7).
- Click the Create a system image link in the left side pane.
- Finally, choose a location to save the system image. Although creating a system image on the internal hard disk is possible, making a backup on an external hard disk or a network location is always recommended. To make a system backup, we’ll use an external hard disk in my example.
- After selecting an external drive, click the Next button.
- System drives will be selected by default; you can also check other internal drives in the backup if you wish. When you’re finished, click the Next button.
- Finally, at the bottom of the screen, click the Start backup button.
That is all there is to it. The system image backup will now begin, and depending on the size of the data, it may take several minutes.