On a Windows 11 computer, I recently attempted to change the settings in Google Chrome. As shown in the screenshot below, I noticed “Managed by your organization” at the bottom of the menu. However, I had not applied any policies to the Chrome browser, so seeing this message caught me off guard.
I removed some Windows registry keys as well as the directory where Google Update saves cloud policies that have been cached. Finally, this message vanished from my Windows 11 Chrome browser.
This message will also appear on the Chrome browser’s chrome://settings/help page.
How to See Which Settings are Managed on Chrome?
Copy and paste chrome://policy into a new tab in Chrome, then hit Enter on the keyboard to learn more about which settings are managed. On this page, you can see a few details.
How to Eliminate “Managed by your organization” in the Chrome menu on Windows 11?
If you see “Managed by your organization” in your Chrome menu, take the following steps to remove it:-
- To open the Run dialog box, press the Windows + R keys on the keyboard.
- Type the following in the Run box and press Enter on the keyboard:-
- Registry Editor will open after you’ve completed the previous steps.
- In the Registry Editor window, navigate to the following key:-
- Select the Delete option from the right-click menu on the Chrome key.
- Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.
- In the Registry Editor window, navigate to and delete the following keys:-
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Google\Chrome HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Google\Chrome HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Google\Chrome HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Google\Update HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\Google\Enrollment
- Now, go to the path below:-
- If the value CloudManagementEnrollmentToken exists on the right side, delete it.
- Finally, shut down the registry editor.
- In File Explorer (Windows Explorer), open the following path and delete it if it exists:
C:\Program Files(x86)\Google\Policies C:\Program Files\Google\Policies
Restart Chrome and “Managed by your organization” should no longer appear in the Chrome menu.