The fonts that come with Windows 11 are stored in the C:\Windows\Fonts folder. Even so, if you don’t like these fonts, you can download and install more. Additionally, newly installed fonts can be used in system and office applications.
Many fonts are available online, including the Google Fonts website. These fonts are usually packaged in a zip file. To install it on your computer, you must first unzip the downloaded zip file. Because Windows applications use fonts from the C:\Windows\Fonts folder, you can add fonts to your Windows 11 PC by unzipping them and dragging them to this folder.
How do I Install or Uninstall Fonts in Windows 11?
- To install a font on your Windows 11 PC, go to any website and download it. For example, we’ll use the fonts.google.com website, which has a large number of custom fonts.
- Choose a font that you want to use on your computer and download it.
- Select Extract all from the context menu of the downloaded font file.
- When the pop-up window appears, click the Extract button.
- Right-click on all Font files and select them all.
That is all there is to it. You’ve now successfully installed a new font on your Windows 11 computer. Open a notepad or any other application and check in Font’s place to test this font. The newly installed font is visible and usable.
How to Manage and Delete Fonts on Windows 11?
After you’ve installed a custom font on Windows 11, it’ll show up in the C:\Windows\Fonts folder. You can always delete it from here if you want. Your computer’s deleted font will be completely erased.
If you prefer, you can also manage fonts from the settings app. You can uninstall a custom font from your PC using the Windows 11 settings app. To do so, go through the steps below:-
- Press the Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app.
- When the Settings page opens, select Personalization from the left sidebar.
- Scroll down until you find Fonts, then click on it to open it in the right-hand sidebar.
- Go to the Fonts settings page and look for the font you want to remove.
- In the search results, click on the Font name.
You can preview the font, change the font size, and even uninstall it from this page.
Related: How to Keep Laptop On when the Lid Closed in Windows 11
People also ask