How to Download Spotify Songs to Your Apple Watch
- Open Spotify on your phone.
- Choose a playlist. (You can’t download individual tracks.)
- Tap the three dots to get a menu; one of the options should be “Download to this device” (i.e., your phone) and another will be “Download to Apple Watch.”
- On your Apple Watch, open the Spotify app.
- Tap the rectangle that looks like a phone; this lets you decide where you are listening from. Choose your watch.
This last step is important because Spotify’s Apple Watch app can act as a remote control for your phone. Choosing your watch means that the music will actually play from your watch and you can leave your phone at home. Just be sure to check if your music is fully downloaded before you go.
You can swipe from the Spotify home screen in the app to the so-called Spotify “home” screen, which shows your music library and recently played tracks. Now there is an option that says “Download”, from there you can select the downloaded playlist to listen to it.
How can I Download Spotify Songs to Your Apple Watch and how much?
Spotify says that download limit for each playlist is 50 tracks, but you can download as many playlists as you want. They estimate that a watch can generally store 10 hours of audio, depending on what else you can store.