Do you realize that an image displayed on your computer screen is made up of thousands or millions of pixels? These images are created by changing the colors of these tiny square elements on the screen. The Screen Resolution determines how many pixels can be displayed horizontally and vertically on your screen. It has a resolution of 1,440 x 900 pixels. The screen in this example can display 1,440 pixels horizontally and 900 pixels vertically.
Screen resolution can be the same on screens of different sizes. That is, the display resolution is independent of the monitor’s size. Laptops with a resolution of 1,440 x 900 pixels are available in 17′′ and 15′′ sizes. Although the monitor on your desk is larger in this case, you won’t be able to fit anything else on it. Everything may appear larger because the total number of pixels is the same:
You should now understand the significance of screen resolution after reading the preceding paragraphs. The screen resolution of your computer determines how large texts and images appear on your monitor. As a result, if the display resolution is incorrect, the text may become blurry or completely invisible.
When you install the correct display driver, Windows 11 will choose the appropriate screen resolution for you, and you won’t need to change it in most cases. However, if the texts do not appear and you need to troubleshoot, you should try a different screen resolution. The Settings app in Windows 11 allows you to change the screen resolution. Here’s how to go about it.
How to Change Display Resolution using Settings app in Windows 11?
- Press the Windows + I keys on the keyboard to launch the Settings app.
- From the left sidebar of Windows Settings, select the System category.
- Select the Display tab from the right-hand pane.
- Locate the Scale and Layout section. You’ll find the Display resolution option under that.Note: You can also get to this page by right-clicking on the empty Desktop space and choosing Display Settings.
- Select a resolution that is compatible with your computer from the Display resolution drop-down menu. Windows 11 will automatically detect the best resolution for you, and you’ll see a Recommended word next to it.
If your PC has an Intel graphics card, you can change the screen resolution with the Intel Graphics Command Center app.
Related: How to Switch Light and Dark Mode Automatically on Windows 11
How to Adjust Screen Resolution via Intel Graphics Command Center in Windows 11?
- On the taskbar, click the Start button and type Intel into the search box. To open the Intel Graphics Command Center app, select it from the list of results.Note: If you haven’t already done so, you can download Intel Graphics Command Center from the Microsoft Store.
- On the left sidebar of the Intel Graphics Command Center app, click Display.
- On the right-hand sidebar of Display, click the Resolution drop-down menu and select the resolution that best suits your monitor.
Related: How to Set Keyboard Shortcut to Open Folder in Windows 11