In Windows 11, how do I enable or disable text suggestions? Text suggestion is one of the best features of Windows 11, and it’s something you might want to enable. It’s a built-in feature in Windows 11 that significantly improves your typing experience. This app’s main benefit is its speed and ability to receive immediate feedback after typing. When you start typing, it anticipates the text and begins to suggest words.
This is especially useful for Windows users who can’t seem to type a single word correctly. Simply begin typing and select the appropriate word from the tooltip suggestions. As a result, your writing skill and speed will improve.
What are Text Suggestions, and why do I need them?
When you start typing on your keyboard with the text suggestions feature turned on in Windows 11, the feature will automatically predict and suggest some relevant words that are more likely to match your preferred word. Not only does this feature predict grammatical words, but it also predicts names based on your typing history. For example, I started typing Welc, and it was suggested that we use Welcome.
The Text Suggestions feature suggests some relevant words that are more likely to match your preferred word as you type on a keyboard. It’s compatible with all Windows programs and word processors (i.e., MS Office Word). When you type a wrong word in some of the built-in applications, the Text Suggestions function will highlight it in red. For example, in the Settings search box, we typed the wrong word, which is highlighted.
Related: How to Delete Show More Options from Context Menu in Windows 11
How to Turn On or Turn Off Text Suggestions in Windows 11?
For Windows 11 users who type too slowly, text suggestions are a useful feature. This feature anticipates words that appear on the screen as you type, allowing you to write faster and more accurately. The following steps must be followed to enable or disable text suggestions in Windows 11: –
- Press the Windows + I keys on the keyboard to launch the Settings app. Alternatively, press the Windows key on the keyboard and then click the Settings gear icon in the Start menu, or click the Start button on the taskbar.
- From the left side pane of the Settings window, select the Time & language category.
- Select the Typing tab from the Time & Language right-hand pane.
- Turn on the following toggle switches on the Typing settings page:-
- Show text suggestions when typing on the physical keyboard
- Multilingual text suggestions
- Autocorrect misspelled words
- Highlight misspelled words
Close the Settings app now; the settings will be saved automatically.
Related: How to Disable or Enable Mouse Acceleration on Windows 11