If your AirPods Won’t Connect to Windows 10 PC, you can try some tricks to make them work again.
Having trouble connecting Apple AirPods to Windows 10 PC? There may be a slight Bluetooth error on your PC. It could also be a conflict with nearby devices, a problem with the Windows 10 update, or other reasons.
No matter what causes the problem, you may be more interested in figuring out how to solve the problem. Fortunately, you can use many different methods to resolve AirPods Won’t Connect to Windows 10 PC.
Re-Pair the AirPods With Your PC
If you encounter a small Bluetooth error that prevents the AirPods from connecting to the PC, try disconnecting the AirPods from the PC and fix them. This should solve most of your device’s connection-related issues.
You can unpair the AirPods on a Windows 10 PC as follows:
- Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Click Devices on the Settings window.
- In Devices, click Bluetooth & other devices in the left sidebar.
- On the right, find your AirPods and click them.
- Select the Remove device option.
- Click Yes in the prompt to remove your AirPods from your PC.
Toggle Bluetooth Off and On on Your PC
Sometimes, Bluetooth on your PC does not work properly. There may be many reasons for this, but in most cases, you can fix it by turning off Bluetooth and then turning it back on.
This will provide a new opportunity for Bluetooth to start, and then you can connect AirPods to your PC.
- Open the Settings app by pressing Windows key + I at the same time.
- In Settings, click the Devices option.
- On the Devices screen, from the sidebar to the left, select Bluetooth & other devices.
- In the pane on the right, turn the Bluetooth toggle off.
- Wait for about half a minute, and turn the toggle back on.
Use One AirPod at a Time
Apple designed AirPods so you can use each one individually. If you have trouble connecting your AirPods to your PC, please connect with AirPod and see if it works.
Related: How to Fix Error Code 0xc0000225 in Windows 10
Whether you connect a single AirPod or two AirPod, follow the same connection process. Simply remove the AirPod from the AirPods case, wait for the Windows 10 PC to recognize it, and then it will connect.
If this does not work, put the AirPod back in the box and remove the other AirPod. Check if it is connected to your PC.
Disable Bluetooth on Your Other Devices
The common cause of most Bluetooth problems is conflicts with Bluetooth devices in the area. If you have turned on Bluetooth on other devices such as iPhones or Android phones, turn off Bluetooth on these devices, and then check if your AirPods are connected to your PC.
How to Disable Bluetooth on an iPhone
- Open the Settings app on the iPhone.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Turn the Bluetooth option to the off position.
Image Gallery (2 Images)
How to Disable Bluetooth on an Android Phone
- Pull down from the top of your screen.
- Tap Bluetooth.
Use Windows 10’s Hardware Troubleshooter
Windows 10 has many bug fixes that you can use to identify and fix problems with various components on your computer. For example, one of these troubleshooters will help you resolve hardware issues similar to AirPods.
It is a good idea to run this troubleshooter and allow it to find and repair problems with computer hardware devices.
How to use this fix:
- Press Windows key + R at the same time to open Run.
- Type the following in Run and hit Enter: msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic
- In the Hardware and Devices window that opens, click Next to run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to troubleshoot your devices.
Turn Off Swift Pair on Windows 10
To allow you to connect to nearby Bluetooth devices quickly and easily, Windows 10 provides a feature called Swift Pair. Although this feature is useful for establishing a Bluetooth connection, it may be the reason why your AirPods Won’t Connect to Windows 10 PC.
To rule out this possibility, please turn off Swift Pair on your PC, and then check if your AirPods are connected:
- Access Windows 10’s Settings app by pressing Windows key + I at the same time.
- Select Devices on the Settings window.
- Choose Bluetooth & other devices from the sidebar to the left.
- Scroll down the right pane and disable the Show notifications to connect using Swift Pair option.
Update Your AirPods’ Firmware
Like other devices, Apple’s AirPods receive firmware updates. These updates ensure that your AirPods are trouble-free and continue to operate at peak performance.
These AirPods firmware updates are not as regular as other updates, but even if AirPods cannot connect to your PC, you need to install these firmware to get AirPods out of the problem.
We have written a guide on how to update AirPods. Check these to learn how to update the firmware version of AirPods.
Roll Back a Windows Update
Windows Update is designed to fix existing problems and bring new features to your PC. However, sometimes they can cause problems with your computer. For example, if your AirPods cannot connect to your PC after installing a Windows update, the update is likely to be the culprit.
In this case, you can undo this update and undo all changes made to your computer. This will not delete any of your data from your PC.
- Open the Start menu, search for Control Panel, and select it in the search results.
- Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- In the sidebar on the left, click View installed updates.
- You’ll see the installed updates on the right.
- Select the most recent update in the list and click Uninstall at the top.
Resolve Connection Issues With AirPods and Windows 10
If your AirPods Won’t Connect to Windows 10 PC, just follow the above methods and you should be able to solve the problem. Sometimes, especially for Bluetooth problems, changing the option here can solve the problem.