On Xfinity Stream, you may frequently encounter the error TVAPP-00100 when attempting to activate or sign in. This is a common error that many users have reported. As a result, we’ve put together a comprehensive guide that will show you how to resolve error TVAPP-00100. Continue reading to learn more!
How to Fix Error TVAPP-00100 on Xfinity Stream
Before diving into the methods, let’s first understand what this error means and what the possible causes are.
If you have an active internet connection, you can enjoy watching on-demand video content through Xfinity Stream. You may, however, encounter the aforementioned error. When it appears, you’ll be prompted to clear your cache and reload the page.
The following are some of the most common causes of this error on Xfinity Stream:
- Incompatible Router – The error will occur more frequently if you have TCP/IP configuration issues or a corrupt router data cache.
- Inconsistent Domain Name Address – The network connection from the Comcast server will be interrupted more frequently if you have a Domain Name Address inconsistency.
- Corrupt Browser Cache- When you have a corrupt browser cache on your system, you may get this error. Although this is a rare cause of the error TVAPP-00100 on Xfinity Stream, Comcast recommends clearing the cache to resolve the issue.
- Proxy or VPN Interference- The error can be caused by an incorrect connection configuration between the Xfinity server and the VPN or proxy server.
Restart Your Router
If you restart your router, all connectivity issues with the Xfinity Stream, including error TVAPP-00100, will be resolved. This will clear the TCP/IP data and re-establish network connectivity without causing any data loss. To restart your router and force your device to establish a network connection again, follow the steps below:
1. Press the ON/OFF button at the back of your router to turn it off.
2. Now, disconnect the power cable and wait until the power is entirely drained from the capacitors.
3. Wait for a minute before restoring the power and then re-establish the network connection.
Reset Your Router
If the problem persists, reset your router to fix the error TVAPP-00100 on Xfinity Stream. This is a simple fix that works the majority of the time.
Note that resetting the router will restore the router to its factory settings, erasing all data including credentials, blacklisted connections, and so on. As a result, before you reset your router, make a note of your ISP credentials.
1. Find the RESET button on your router. It is usually built-in to avoid the accidental press.
2. Press and hold the RESET button for about 10 seconds.
Note: You will require pointing devices like a pin, screwdriver, or toothpick to press the RESET button.
3. Wait for a while and ensure the network connection is re-established.
Check if the error is fixed now. Else, try resetting all network settings as explained in the next method.
Reset Network Configuration
To resolve several conflicts, including clearing corrupt cache and DNS data, flush the DNS configuration set up and force your router with new values, as well as a renew procedure. In addition, the network settings will be reset to their default settings, and the router will assign you a new IP address. To reset your network configuration on Windows 10, follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key and type cmd in the Search bar.
2. Launch Command Prompt by clicking Run as administrator option as shown below.
3. Now, type the following commands one by one and hit Enter.
netsh winsock reset netsh int ip set dns ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /renew
4. Restart your PC once the commands are executed successfully.
Clear Browser Cache & Cookies
Despite the fact that cache and cookies aid in providing a better browsing experience. Cache and cookies grow in size over time, consuming disk space and causing a slew of problems in the system. As a result, if you’re having trouble with error TVAPP-00100 on Xfinity Stream, try clearing them out.
Note: We’ve already covered how to use Google Chrome.
You can use other web browsers to complete the same steps.
1. Navigate to Chrome browser.
2. Now, click on the three dots at the top right corner.
3. Here, click on More tools, as depicted.
4. Click on Clear browsing data…
5. Select the Time range (e.g. All time) and click on Clear data.
Note: Ensure that the Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files options are checked before clearing the data from the browser.
Disable Proxy Server
If you use a proxy server connection, your connection to the Xfinity app may be interrupted. In this case, you should disable your system’s proxy server and try streaming again.
1. Type, search and launch the Proxy Settings through the Windows search bar, as shown.
2. Here, toggle OFF the option Use a proxy server under Manual Proxy Setup, as highlighted.
Disable or Uninstall VPN Client
Similarly, if you’re having trouble with error TVAPP-00100 on Xfinity Stream, try disabling or uninstalling your VPN client.
Disable VPN Client
Follow the below-mentioned steps to disable the VPN client on Windows PC:
1. Open VPN Settings by searching it in the Windows Search bar, as shown
2. Here, disconnect all active VPN services by toggling off the VPN options under Advanced Options, as illustrated below.
Finally, check if the error TVAPP-00100 on Xfinity Stream is resolved.
Uninstall VPN Client
Uninstalling the VPN client can often result in problems. Use a third-party uninstaller to get rid of them quickly. Everything is taken care of by third-party uninstallers, from deleting executables and registries to program files and cache data. As a result, they make uninstalling easier and more accessible. Below is a list of some of the best uninstaller software for 2021.
Follow the given steps to uninstall VPN using Revo Uninstaller:
1. Install Revo Uninstaller through the official website by clicking on FREE DOWNLOAD, as depicted below.
2. Open Revo Uninstaller and navigate to VPN client.
3. Now, click on the VPN client and select Uninstall from the top menu.
Note: We have used Discord as an example to illustrate the steps for this method.
4. Check the box next to Make a System Restore Point before uninstall and click Continue.
5. Now, click on Scan to display all the files left in the registry.
6. Next, click on Select all, followed by Delete.
7. Confirm the prompt by clicking on Yes.
8. Make sure that all VPN files have been deleted by repeating Step 5. A prompt stating Revo uninstaller hasn’t found any leftover items should be displayed.
9. Restart your PC after the VPN client and all its files have been deleted entirely.
We hope this guide was useful and that you were able to resolve the error TVAPP-00100 on Xfinity Stream. Please let us know which method worked best for you. If you have any questions or suggestions about this article, please leave them in the comments section.