One of the biggest benefits of downloading a UWP software from the Microsoft Store is that it will receive automatic updates from the store app itself. More crucially, if the feature is enabled, they will update in place and automatically.
Give us a minute error on Windows 10
When you open a Windows Store program by clicking its tile on the Start menu or in the applications list on Windows 10, the Give us a minute error occurs.
The full error message is as follows:
Give us a minute. We’re updating [app name]. It should be ready to use again shortly
If you get this error, try the steps below.
1. Wait a few minutes
It’s possible that the app is being updated right now. It’s nothing to be concerned about, so leave your computer turned on, awake, and unattended for a few minutes as the app updates.
Because Microsoft Store updates aren’t the fastest, give the program enough time to update. For example, if the app is large, it will take longer to update.
2. Restart the system
While it is never mentioned explicitly whether a UWP program requires the system to restart to finish the update, it is possible that this is why the update failed and you are still seeing this issue.
- Wait a reasonable amount of time for the app to update.
- Shut down the system and install any pending updates.
- Boot the system again, and launch the app.
3. Pause/start update from Microsoft Store
It’s possible that the update won’t start on the Microsoft Store, in which case you should pause/start it immediately from there.
- Open the Microsoft Store app.
- Click the more options button (three dots) next to your profile picture and select Downloads and Updates.
- Click Get Updates.
- Microsoft Store will fetch a list of available updates.
- Install the updates. Keep the Microsoft Store app open until updates complete.
- Open the app from the Start menu or apps’ list.
4. Uninstall/reinstall app
If all else fails, the software can be uninstalled and reinstalled.
- Open the Start Menu/Apps’ list.
- Right-click the app and select Uninstall.
- Once uninstalled, install the app again from the Microsoft Store.
The “Give us a minute” problem is simple to fix and stems from the Microsoft Store app’s numerous flaws. Updates and downloads frequently become stuck, and restarting them takes time.