A Wi-Fi adapter is built into every modern Windows laptop. If not, an external Wi-Fi card can be purchased and connected to your PC for wireless networking. When you connect to a Wi-Fi network, Windows 11 lets you save the Wi-Fi password and SSID so that it can reconnect automatically when you’re back in range.
You may not want Windows to remember network information, despite the fact that it is a useful feature. This article will assist you if you are a Windows user who wants to remove the stored Wi-Fi credentials from your computer.
There are several options to delete or Forget a Wi-Fi Network information on your Windows 11 computer. We’ll go over each one, which are all simple to use.
How to Forget WiFi Network details in Windows 11 from the Quick Settings area?
Windows 11’s quick settings area is the quickest way to forget Wi-FI network details.
- On the Taskbar, click the Wi-Fi icon, then click the right caret icon next to it.
- Right-click on a network you want to forget and select “Forget.” Then select Forget from the drop-down menu.
That is all there is to it. That network credentials will no longer be remembered by Windows 11. You’ll need to enter the password if you want to reconnect to that Wi-Fi.
How to Forget Wi-Fi Network details in Windows 11 using the Settings app?
- Press the Windows + I keys on the keyboard to launch the Settings app.
- When the Windows Settings window appears, select Network & Internet from the left sidebar.
- In the right-hand pane, select Wi-Fi.
- When the Wi-Fi settings page appears, select Manage known networks from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll now see a list of all the networks you’ve previously connected to. Look through the list and click the Forget button next to the network whose credentials you don’t want Windows to remember.