Windows 11 includes a still desktop background, just like its predecessors. However, a live wallpaper or animated desktop background can be set. However, there is no native way to do this in Windows 11. To use a live desktop background (Live Wallpapers) on your computer, you’ll need to use a third-party app.
We’ll show you how to set a live wallpaper on your Windows 11 PC in this article.
How to Set Live Wallpapers on Windows 11?
As previously stated, there is no direct way to use live wallpaper on Windows 11, necessitating the use of a third-party application. Lively Wallpaper is a freeware and open-source app from the Microsoft Store that lets you set a live desktop background and works well on Windows 11. Follow these steps to get and set live wallpapers on Windows 11:
- To begin, get Lively Wallpaper from the Microsoft Store or GitHub. Alternatively, open the Microsoft Store app by clicking the Start button on the taskbar and selecting it.
- Go to the Microsoft Store and look for Lively Wallpaper.
- To download and install Lively Wallpaper, click the Get button next to it.
- Once Lively Wallpaper has been downloaded, it will be installed on your computer automatically. Then press the Open button to start it.
- This app will now display a variety of live wallpapers. Select one from the library that you want to use. The chosen live wallpaper will be set as the desktop background right away.
How to Set a Custom Video, YouTube Video, or GIF as a Wallpaper in Windows 11?
You can use a video or GIF of your choice on your PC if you don’t like any of the wallpapers in the Lively Wallpaper library. You can even use this app to set a YouTube video as your wallpaper. To do so, go through the steps below:
- Open the Lively Wallpaper app first.
- Next, in the left-hand pane, click the + icon.
- Next, under “Select File,” click the Browse button to select a video or GIF from your computer. Enter the YouTube video URL in the “Enter URL” text box and then click the right arrow button to use it as wallpaper.
- The wallpaper will appear in the app’s library, whether you choose a local video, a GIF, or a YouTube video. Select the newly uploaded video or GIF as a desktop background image by clicking the Library button (three books) in the left-hand pane.
How to Set a Live Wallpaper on Multiple Monitors?
The wallpaper you set as your desktop background only appears on the primary monitor by default. You’ll need to set the live wallpaper on other monitors if you’re using multiple monitors. To do so, open Lively Wallpaper and click the Control Panel (monitor) icon in the top-right corner of the window.
Choose another monitor in the “Choose Display” section of the app’s Control Panel when it appears. Return to the app’s library and select the wallpaper you want for the other display once another monitor has been selected.
How to Close Lively Wallpaper?
To turn off the live wallpaper, open the app and click the “Control Panel (monitor)” icon in the top-right corner.
Then, press the Close Wallpapers button.