On Windows 11, how do I show or hide icons in the Taskbar Corner Overflow? In the Windows 11 operating system, Microsoft has changed almost everything in the taskbar, Start menu, and notification area. There are some significant changes to those parts of the operating system, but you can still customize them. The icons in the bottom-right corner of the taskbar are known as Notification Area or System tray icons in earlier versions of Windows (up to Windows 10). However, in Windows 11, this area is now known as Taskbar Corner Overflow.
File Explorer, Internet, Antivirus, Microsoft OneDrive, Battery Status, and other icons can be found on the Taskbar Corner Overflow. In Windows 11, you can customize the icons in the tray area (Taskbar Corner Overflow). Depending on your needs, you can add or remove icons from the taskbar corner overflow icons or system tray.
How to Show or Hide Icons in Taskbar Corner Overflow on Windows 11?
- Press the Windows + I keys on the keyboard at the same time to open the Settings app. Alternatively, press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard to bring up the Quick Links menu and choose Settings.
- From the left sidebar of the Settings window that appears after performing the previous step, select the Personalization category.
- From the right side, select the Taskbar tab.
- Select the Taskbar corner overflow option from the Taskbar settings page.
- To enable/disable the icons you want to show/hide from the notification area in Windows 11, turn the toggle to the On or Off position.
Enabled apps will appear in the notification area to the left of the control center button and the language input indicator once you’ve completed the above steps. If you disable or turn off a notification icon for an app, the icon will appear in the taskbar corner overflow menu rather than in the taskbar corner. However, if you enable a notification icon for an app, it will appear in the taskbar corner. It will not hide behind the overflowing taskbar corner.
Simply drag an icon from Taskbar Corner Overflow to the taskbar area to remove it from Taskbar Corner Overflow and see it in the taskbar corner. Similarly, if you want to remove some of the taskbar icons and move them to Taskbar Corner Overflow, drag the icon upward. After dragging the icon to the Taskbar Corner Overflow area, release the mouse cursor.
You can move icons from the taskbar to the taskbar corner overflow area using the methods described above. The network, battery, and volume icons, however, cannot be hidden in Windows 11. The bottom-right corner of your screen is permanently occupied by these icons.
Related: How to Delete Show More Options from Context Menu in Windows 11
People also ask
Related: How to Disable or Enable Mouse Acceleration on Windows 11