When you close the lid of your laptop, it goes into sleep mode by default. But what if you want your laptop to stay turned on even when it’s closed? There could be a variety of reasons for keeping the laptop turned on even when the lid is closed. You might want to connect your laptop to an external monitor or listen to music without having to look at your bright screen. Whatever the case may be, your Windows 11 laptop will remain turned on even when the lid is closed.
How to Keep Laptop On when the Lid Closed on Windows 11?
To change the default behavior of the Windows 11 laptop when the lid is closed, go to Control Panel and make the necessary changes.
- Open the Control Panel in the first step. To do so, press the Windows + R keys on the keyboard at the same time to bring up the Run dialog box. Type Control Panel into the Run box and press Enter on the keyboard or click the OK button.
- In the Control Panel window, select the Hardware and Sound category.
- Go to the Power Options menu.
- Click the link in the left sidebar. Choose what happens when you close the lid.
- From the “When I close the lid” drop-down menu, choose “Do nothing.”
- Finally, at the bottom of the System Settings window, click the Save changes button.
That is all there is to it. The laptop’s lid will do nothing the next time you close it, so it will not go into sleep mode. When you want to enable Sleep mode when you close the lid again, repeat the steps above and select the Sleep option from the “When I close the lid” drop-down menu in step 5.