In Windows 11, there are fewer options for customizing the taskbar. In comparison to previous Windows OS previews, Windows 11 has very limited customization options.
Everything is as it should be now that the taskbar has been locked. All you have to do is change the color and the transparency, which is also adjustable, and you’ll have access to additional options. However, just like on your Windows 10 PC, you can drag and drop on the taskbar.
We don’t have this at the moment, but it’s possible that in future versions and the final release of Windows 11, we’ll see a plethora of other customizing options.
How to Transparent Taskbar in Windows 11
The colors option can be found in the personalization section of the Windows 11 settings app. Transparency effects can be found in the colors option. It has a toggle button; simply press that toggle button to check the transparency of your taskbar.
This is a one-paragraph response to your query. However, you can get detailed instructions on how to make your taskbar transparent in a variety of ways, including this one.
Now we’ll look at some of the most effective methods for making your taskbar more transparent than ever.
Change the Colors Settings on your PC
This is the first and most basic method for making your taskbar transparent. To make your taskbar transparent, all you have to do is follow the instructions.
We make colors transparent in this trick. These are the colors that your Windows 11 OS uses on its Windows edges and as the background of any of its apps, as well as the colors that can be found on the taskbar.
When you make the colors available on your Windows 11 OS transparent, your taskbar will become transparent as well.
As a result, follow the steps below to make the taskbar transparent by making the colors transparent.
- To begin, go to your Windows 11 PC’s settings.
- Then, on the left side of the menu, select the Personalization section.
- Select Colors from the drop-down menu.
- Then, on the Transparency effect toggle button, turn it on. When you go to the Colors section, you’ll notice the
- Transparency effects toggle button. To turn it on, simply click the toggle button.
After you’ve completed these four steps, you can check your taskbar. It will be clearer than previous versions.
This is the simplest way to achieve your goal of making your Windows 11 taskbar transparent.
This trick will allow you to make your taskbar transparent in just 5 steps. To get the best results from this trick, you can make the colors your background.
Customize the Visual Effects of your Windows 11 PC
It appears to be a little challenging. However, this is not the case. You can easily apply this trick to your PC. The step-by-step instructions will show you how to change the visual effects to make the taskbar transparent.
Visual effects are a feature of the Windows 11 operating system that improves your interaction with your computer. You can make the PC interface look amazing by using visual effects. However, we will cover the tips and tricks in a separate article. In this article, we’ll show you how to use visual effects to make the taskbar transparent in Windows 11.
To make your taskbar transparent, follow the steps below.
- To begin, go to your Windows 11 PC’s settings. To access the settings, press Windows + I at the same time.
- Open the Accessibility section by clicking on it.
- After that, go to the visual effects section by clicking on the visual effects option.
- Simply turn on the Transparency effects toggle button now. Toggle on the second option in the list by clicking on the toggle button.
- You can close that window and check your taskbar and complete interface after you turn on the toggle button. It has undergone a minor transformation, as you can see.
These are two different ways to make your taskbar transparent on your Windows 11 PC.
Let’s move on to the next trick now. When you want to make your taskbar more transparent, you can use the other tricks.
If the upper two tricks have made your taskbar sufficiently transparent, there is no need to use the remaining tricks.
The remaining tricks are a little more difficult to execute, and you must carefully follow the other tricks. So, if you’re ready to try some new tricks, read the rest of the article.
Download and Use TranslucentTB on your PC
This app is available in the Microsoft app store. If you want to make your taskbar completely transparent, this app will assist you.
To use TranslucentTB to make the taskbar transparent, follow the steps below:
- Download the Translucent TB on your PC. Simply go to your PC’s Microsoft Store and type in TranslucentTB in the search bar. TranslucentTB will appear as a result of your search. To download it to your computer, simply click the Get button.
- When the download is complete, your computer will prompt you to launch it. To open it, you must click the Launch button.
- After that, you’ll receive a notification prompt asking you to accept the app’s license. You can read it over and then press the Yes button.
- You can now look at your taskbar. Your taskbar will become completely transparent after a few seconds of clicking yes.
Your taskbar will have a completely transparent appearance thanks to this app. All you have to do is follow these four simple steps. The TranslucentTB trick will also work well for you.
Other apps that can perform the same function are also available. However, they are not available for free. The Translucent app is free, but other apps that do the same thing but have more features are not. You must pay a fee in order to use them. You can also use them if you require them.
But first, let’s look at another method for achieving our goal of making the taskbar transparent.
Edit the Registry Values
You can easily make your taskbar transparent by changing two registry values. But first, make sure you read each step and follow them exactly as I say.
Edit first registry value:
- First, press Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type Regedit in the Run dialog box and then press enter button.
- In the Registry editor, you have to go though the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft> Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > Advanced. You can also copy and paste the below text in the nevigation bar.
- After that, right-click on the white area and then click on new and chose DWORD (32-bit) Value from all the options.
- Right click on that new value that you created just right now.
- Click on Rename option and then give the new name as UseOLEDTaskbarTransparency and then hit enter button.
- You have to right-click again on that value and chose Modify option.
- In the Value data box, you have to change its value from 0 to 1.
- Once it is done then just Ok button.
- All settings will be saved.
Edit 2nd registry value:
- In the Registry Editor, you have to navigate to the Computer > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > DWM. Either you can copy and paste the below text into the navigation bar of the registry editor.
- In the DWM folder, you have to find the ForceEffectMode and in the case, when it is not available, just create one. To create ForceEffectMode, just right-click on white area and then select new and chose DWORD (32-bit) Value. After that just rename it as ForceEffectMode and then move on to the next step.
- Now, right click on ForceEffectMode folder and then click on Modify.
- Next, change the Value data from 0 to 1.
- Just click on OK button and close all the windows.
- Its time to restart the PC. Just restart your PC to see the changes on your interface.
Your taskbar will be clearer than ever before. This trick will make your taskbar incredibly transparent if you use it.
It’s now time to put the finishing touches on the piece. The video demonstrates How to Transparent Taskbar in Windows 11 and four different methods for doing so. Now, if you have any questions about this article, please leave them in the comments section. If this article has answered all of your questions, please share it with your friends.