Windows 11 has a new Taskbar, and it is expected to be released to the public in October of this year. By default, the taskbar is centered. When compared to its predecessor, Windows 10, Windows 11 adds many new features and removes a few. The Taskbar in Windows 11 is one of the most noticeable changes. The taskbar icons in Windows 11 have been centered and look fantastic. In comparison, all previous versions of Windows had taskbar icons that were left-aligned. How to Modify the Size of Taskbar Icons in Windows 11?
Windows 11 does not allow you to resize the taskbar icons, so you won’t be able to make them smaller or larger as you wish. You can’t change the size of the taskbar icons. Fortunately, there is a simple solution, but you will need the assistance of a Registry editor. You can make the taskbar icons small or large according to your preferences by changing registry values.
We’ll show you how to change the Taskbar icons in Windows 11 in this article. You can change the size of the taskbar icons in the registry to small, default, or large.
How to Increase or Decrease Size of Windows 11 Taskbar Icons?
Because resizing the Windows Taskbar icons necessitates registry editing, we recommend backing up the Windows Registry and creating a system restore point. You can restore your PC to a previous working state if something goes wrong. Perform the following steps to increase or decrease the size of icons on the Windows 11 taskbar:-
- Go to the Registry Editor and open it. Click the Search icon on the Windows 11 Taskbar and type regedit to open the Registry Editor windows. To open the Registry Editor, click the link in the search result.
- Navigate to the following key in the Registry Editor’s left sidebar:
- Right-click the Advanced folder in the left side pane and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value options. TaskbarSi is the name of the newly created DWORD.
- To edit TaskbarSi’s Value data, move the right side of the Advanced key and double-click on it. You can use the following number in the Value data field:-
- 0 – Small taskbar icons
- 1 – Medium or default taskbar icons
- 2 – Large taskbar icons
- Increase the size of the Windows 11 Taskbar icons to the maximum extent by changing the Value data from 0 to 2.
- Select OK. Last but not least, log out or restart your computer.
On the taskbar of Windows 11, you should now see larger icons. To restore the default size of the Taskbar icons, open the Registry Editor window and look for the following registry key:-
Look for the DWORD entry TaskbarSi on the right side of the Advanced key. Set the Value data to 1 by double-clicking on it. Your computer should be restarted. The default taskbar icon size has been restored to the taskbar.