Microsoft has completely redesigned the taskbar in Windows 11, and several options have been removed. The option to move the taskbar has been removed, along with a number of other options. You can’t move the taskbar in Windows 11 like you can in Windows 10. However, the Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 11 can be shifted to the left.
On Windows 11, you can also move the taskbar to the top of the screen, but you’ll need to use the registry editor. You can move the Windows 11 taskbar to the top of the screen by modifying the Windows Registry.
How to Move Taskbar to Top on Windows 11?
- To open the Run command box, press Windows + R on the keyboard.
- To open the Registry Editor, type the following in the Run box and press Enter on the keyboard:-
- In the Registry Editor window, navigate to the following key:-
- Double-click the Settings binary value on the right side of StuckRects3 to edit it.
- In the 00000008-row, double-click on the 03 value under FE, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Delete the value with the delete key on the keyboard, then type 01.
- To save the changes, click OK.
- Restart your computer to make the changes take effect. Sign in to your computer to see the taskbar on the top of the screen.
People also ask
- Right-click the taskbar and select “Taskbar settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose “Taskbar behaviors” from the drop-down menu.
- Look for “Taskbar alignment” and click the “Center” button on the right side. Instead, choose “Left.”