Disk Management is a Windows 11 built-in utility for managing internal and external hard drives. You can even manage your USB flash drive with this built-in tool. That means you can partition, format, or delete any external hard drives you connect to your computer. How to Open Disk Management in Windows 11?
You can also use this tool to expand or contract an existing partition. Using the built-in Disk Management, you can easily change the drive letter. Now that you have a better understanding of the Disk Management tool’s importance, let me walk you through how to use it on Windows 11.
How to Open Disk Management using Quick Access Menu?
To use the Quick Access menu to open the Disk Management tool, do the following:-
- To open the Quick Access menu, right-click on the Start button on the taskbar or press the Windows + X keyboard shortcut.
- To open Disk Management, choose it from the pop-up menu.
How to Launch Disk Management from Windows Search?
Follow these steps to open the Disk Management tool from the Windows Search menu:-
- To access the taskbar’s Search menu, click the Search button.
- In the top text field, type Create and format hard disk partitions, and then click on the relevant search result to open it.
How to Open Disk Management using Run Command?
To use the Run command to open the Disk Management tool, do the following:-
- To open the Run dialog box, press the Windows + R keys on the keyboard.
- Type the following into the Run dialog box and press Enter on the keyboard:-diskmgmt.msc
Disk Management will now appear.
How to Open Disk Management using PowerShell or Command Prompt?
- Launch Windows Terminal, PowerShell, or Command Prompt, depending on your preference.
- Type the following into the prompt and then press Enter on the keyboard:-diskmgmt
People also ask