How to change the Microsoft Store’s location and language
There are several ways to change the Microsoft Store area: from the Xbox console settings; Through the Windows PC settings on the desktop; or on the Microsoft Store website of your preferred browser.
On Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to call up the guide menu on your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One
- Go to Profile & System > Settings > System > Language & location.
- Select your desired location from the “Location” list.
- Select “Restart now” to apply the changes and reboot the console.
- After the console reboots, open the Microsoft Store page, and it should load the Store based on your console’s new location.
On the Microsoft Store website:
- Open the Microsoft Store website.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the language next to the globe icon.
- Select a location from the list.
- The website will reload with the new settings enabled.
On your Windows PC:
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Go to Settings > Time & Language > Region.
- Select a new location from the “Country or region” list.
- Close the Settings menu.
- Open Microsoft Store, and it should open to the store based on your regional settings.
Please note that if you choose a country/region with a different language, you can change the language on your device and in the Microsoft Store. Google Translate can help you navigate these menus, but in most cases, the layout and options are the same for all regions.
Buying, downloading, and playing Xbox games from other countries
After uploading to the Microsoft Store, you can search, buy, and download games. However, you need a valid payment method to complete the transaction. Some banks and credit cards can be used internationally, but most cannot. If they do, they may charge you a conversion fee. Instead, you can purchase a Microsoft Store gift card code in the desired currency and verify it. These can be purchased from Play Asia and other online retailers.
After downloading the new game, you can play the game with your main account as usual. As long as you have a valid Xbox Live or Game Pass subscription, you can access the online mode, even if you pay us. Dollar.
At least, usually. In rare cases, even if your host settings are set to the correct zone, certain games and applications may block it. If this happens, the home router’s VPN can help make it look like you are connecting from the desired country.