On Windows 11, Microsoft completely redesigned the Microsoft Store. This time around, it looks modern, doesn’t crash while downloading apps or games, and has a good selection of apps. When the Microsoft Store in Windows 11 fails to open, the issue arises. The top eight ways to fix Microsoft Store Not Opening in Windows 11 are listed below.
With Windows 11, we’ve seen some big names like Zoom, Reddit, and WordPress make their first appearance in the Microsoft Store. It’s also where you should go to get Android apps for your PC (via Amazon App Store). If the Microsoft Store does not open in Windows 11, you may be forced to download apps from the internet, which is insecure in 2021. Let’s take a look at the problem.
Test the Internet Connection
To function properly, Microsoft Store requires a high-speed internet connection. The majority of apps and games are hundreds of megabytes in size. To load the content on the Microsoft Store homepage, you’ll need a good internet connection.
On Windows 11, go to the Network & Internet menu in the Settings app. You should double-check two things in this section. To begin, double-check that the Wi-Fi network is connected. Inspect the Wi-Fi properties next. It should connect to a 5 GHz network rather than a 2.4 GHz network.
You can also visit fast.com and confirm the Wi-Fi speeds to which the Windows 11 PC is connected.
Related: When Windows Calculator Doesn’t Work, Here Are 7 Solutions
Confirm Microsoft Account
Have you begun using Windows 11 without first logging into your Microsoft account? It’s possible that you’ll have trouble getting into the Microsoft Store.
Go to the Accounts menu in Windows 11 Settings (Windows + I). Verify that you’re logged in with your Microsoft account. Log in if you haven’t already.
Try Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
Do you know that the Microsoft Store is treated as a native Windows app by Microsoft? The default store is updated directly from the Microsoft Store. You can use the built-in troubleshooter tool to fix the Store not opening issue on Windows 11 the same way you can with other Windows Store apps.
Microsoft has completely redesigned the Settings app in Windows 11 in comparison to Windows 10. Take the steps outlined below.
- On Windows 11, press Windows + I to open the Settings app.
- Select the System option from the drop-down menu.
- Open the Troubleshoot menu by scrolling down.
- Other troubleshooters should be opened.
- Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and let Microsoft handle the problem.
Check Computer’s Time
Microsoft Store may not open in Windows 11 due to inaccuracy of data and time on your computer. Let’s take care of it through the Windows Settings menu.
- Open the Time & Language menu in the Windows Settings app.
- Select the Date & Time option from the drop-down menu.
- Check the current date and time, then turn it on. Toggle the time automatically.
Check your current Time Zone as well while you’re at it.
Restart your computer and try again to access the Microsoft Store.
Repair Microsoft Store
If Microsoft Store isn’t working properly, you can use the built-in tool to fix it. Here’s how to do it.
- To access the Apps menu, go to Windows Settings and select Apps.
- Apps and features can be chosen.
- Select Microsoft Store from the drop-down menu. Open the Advanced menu.
- Select Repair from the Reset menu, and Windows will take care of any Microsoft Store issues on your computer.
RESET MICROSOFT STORE
If the above method didn’t work, it’s time to reset Microsoft Store. All of the app’s data will be erased, and you’ll have to sign in again.
- Select the Windows Settings option from the Start menu.
- Go to Apps > Apps & Features in the Apps menu.
- Go to the Advanced menu in the Microsoft Store.
- Restart the Microsoft Store app and try to open it again.
Clear Microsoft Store Cache
The fact that the Microsoft Store won’t open on Windows 11 could be due to the store collecting an absurd amount of data. The cache must be cleared.
Open the Run menu by pressing Windows + R. Click OK after typing wsreset.exe. A blank Command Prompt menu will appear in Windows. The system will automatically close windows and open Microsoft Store after a few seconds.
Update Windows 11
It’s possible that the Microsoft Store Not Opening on Windows 11 because the computer’s OS is out of date. You can access the Windows update menu by going to Settings and selecting Windows Update. You’re good to go if you update Windows to the most recent version.
Enjoy Microsoft Store on Windows 11
In the Windows ecosystem, the Microsoft Store is a breath of fresh air. You don’t have to rely on the internet to download apps or games anymore. On Windows 11, the Microsoft Store can be your go-to solution. Fix the Microsoft Store Not Opening on Windows 11 by using the methods listed above.